6/22/09

Quick Strawberry Cheesecake

This is one of those quick , no - fuss, simple recipes that never lets you down. Each spoonful of this is sheer pleasure. I think its ideal for entertaining as it can be made ahead of time and does look cute. It does not contain eggs which practically makes it a "no bake cheesecake" and who doesn't love that !

Since strawberries are in season now , do try this recipe, or substitute it with your favourite berry .



Ingredients :


6 strawberries
12 oz. softened cream cheese, 1 1/2 (8-ounce) bricks
2/3 C sour cream
1 C confectioners'/powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
12 individual mini gram cracker crusts.




Directions:


Hull and coarsely chop 6 medium sized berries and place in food processor. Add cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, vanilla extract and process until smooth. Refrigerate the mixture for an hour or overnight. Spoon the cheese mixture in the pie tins. Garnish cheesecakes with slices of remaining berries. Serve chilled.

I am sending this to the following events :
Lets Celeberate hosted by Ria and "Strawberry Feast " at My Kitchen Treasures.

14 comments:

Finla said...

Indeed it is a fast cake ,
Thankyou for sending to my event, looks creamu cheesey yumm.

Unknown said...

looks so creamy and delicious and nice color too.

rahin said...

Thanks Happy Cook , looking fwd to the round up

Thanks Rekha

Pooja said...

Looks so delicious Rahin! I'm not able to view your updates in my Reader. Missed so many posts until I manually checked. Have you checked your feed for updates? I had a similar prob a month back!

lubnakarim06 said...

Oh wow....simple and delish....

rahin said...

Hi Pooja , Thanks for letting me know abt the problem with the feeds ....i donno why its happening , cud you resubscribe to it by clicking on the 'subcribe now' link below the foodbuzz button ? Purnima also told me the feeds werent working and she did the same .....thanks again :)

you bet Lubna :) its really simple and really really delicious :)

Pooja said...

Rahin, I have resubscribed. Seems your feed is updated but some how your Google Reader isnt picking it up. Have you checked if the feed you created using Feedburner is valid and redirect your default blog feed (http://lazzat.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default) to your customized feed? To know more about it you may check my post on the issue. I had solved it and provided the solution too. Hope this helps:
http://myexperiencewithcooking.blogspot.com/2009/05/be-aware-of-this-technical-issue.html

Rahin said...

tht post is very helpful pooja , i am working on it , thanks a lot

Anonymous said...

yummyy!

Gita Jaishankar said...

Yummilicious :)

Pooja said...

Rahin,I'm able to view your updates in my Reader even if I subscribe using your blog link instead of the feed as I had done long back. Great job :D Guess your readers wouldnt have a prob in viewing your updates now. Happy blogging :)

Rahin said...

Hey Sangi, Welcome to Lazzat... I have blogrolled you

Thanks Gita

Thanks to you Pooja for bringing it to my notice and also helping me solve the problem ...thanks again

Anu said...

First time to your blog. You have nice blog. Looks so creamy and delicious.

Do visit my space when you get free time.

Rahin said...

Thanks Anu, Welcome to Lazzat