3/26/07

Chopping Onions ?

Every one has some suggestion when it comes to chopping onions , or at least is looking for one. I heard them all, from looking away , wearing glasses (yes!) , soaking them in water, keeping the cut side up and cutting after some time etc... etc... etc...

Few days back I came across this very useful and effective tip(saw it on TV).

Chopping onions makes us all cry .....doesn't it ? So the next time you chop onions , just light a (scented) candle near your chopping board and there will be no more tears ....it really works.

7 comments:

TNL said...

nice tip....you can send this to Sushma's monthly tipology event..

www.sunkiran.com

trupti

Pdk said...

thats a new tip im hearing abt preventing ourselves from crying while chopping onions!!will try it..
thanks

Anonymous said...

hey trupti , thanks for letting me know abt the tipology event

hi priya, thanks for stopping by

Anonymous said...

Wow !! thats a very useful tip Rahin ....I always ask my husband to cut onions as I can't stand those tears...:-)

-Sushma

Rahin said...

hi sushma , thanks for dropping by, i hope the tip helps.

Purnima said...

Hey Rahin...guess what thats a new tip! My MIL inserts a small onion (cheri-ulli)at the tip of her knife prior to peeling and chopping other onions to prevent tears, I used to keep a safety pin between my teeth, after a tip on TV! My eyes stopped watering..but my mouth started to water! :D (y bcoz i was keeping my mouth focussed on holding the safety pin intact between my front teeth, salivating!!)

Anonymous said...

Hey Purnima , keeping a safety pin in ur mouth , thts a brave one :D