12/24/09

Semi Homemade - Indian Recipes

Happy Holidays to you ! Hope you have a wonderful, bright and beautiful New Year !

Being a mom of a playful 1 yr old, putting together a nice meal is all about planning well. Its only since past few months that I have really started appreciating the Semi Home Made approach to cooking. A little help from the grocery store does not hurt. Getting something premade for you, like beans that dont need to be cooked or chopped fruit and veggies, or even cake mixes , pizza doughs, etc ...etc...just make life so simpler.

So here I am, announcing the Semi Home Made recipes event. The guidelines are as follows:

Cook anything from pizza to dimsum, shawarma to soups, cookies to kababs, using Indian spices or give it an indian twist, ( for e.g. Tandoori Lasagna , Tomato Rice). You can also cook any authentic Indian recipe the semi home made way.

  • Blog about it from Dec 24- Feb 24 and link back to this announcement. Using the logo below will be appreciated.

  • Email me the link to your post, recipe title, blog title, your name and a picture of your dish at bloglazzat@gmail.com

  • Non-bloggers may send in their entries with or without a picture to the above email id and I will include it in the roundup.

  • Old/archived posts can also be sent provided they are reprinted using the logo / link to the announcement.
  • A winner will recive a badge of honor :)

  • The round up will be posted on the following weekend.

Looking forward to all your creative entries, enjoy your holidays and stay warm !

30 comments:

Mona said...

Very good event, count me in!

Cilantro said...

Lovely event. Would love to participate.
Wish you and your family a happy and prosperous New Year and a great blogging year ahead!

Shama Nagarajan said...

nice event..will send in for sure

Cynthia said...

Happy Holidays to you too!

Unknown said...

asak rahin,
great idea,will try to participate :D

Sheetal Kiran said...

Great event! I am going to try my best!

Gita Jaishankar said...

Interesting event Rahin...I will definitely send my entry too...Happy New Year!

Namitha said...

nice event..Happy holidays to you too !!!!

Sunitha said...

Sound like a nice event and you are right some stuff from the store goes a long way.. to make life easier

Rahin said...

Hey Mona, Cilantro, Shama, Yasmeen, Sheetal and Gita, Thanks for your Support. Cant wait to see your creative contributions.

Hi Cynthia, Gulmohar, Nostalgia. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you too will be a part of this event.

PJ said...

Interesting event! Now let me think what I should be posting for this one :)

Rahin said...

looking forward to see what you come up with PJ :)

Cham said...

Wishing U and Ur family Happy New Year!
I will keep in mind ur event :)

Ushnish Ghosh said...

Dear Rahin
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving your comments. U may have a look at my other sites mainly on food.
Let me see what all great recipes you have here..Looks great!! Will be back soon.
Happy New year

Chef Jeena said...

Happy New Year Rahin!

Great event I can't wait to see the entries. :-)

Unknown said...

Nice event! Will send my entry.

Rahin said...

Thanks Cham

Thanks Ushnish, I will definitely chk ur other blogs too

Happy New Year to you too Jeena :)

Thanks Divya, looking forward to your entry

Saju Sharfu said...

first time here..and i cam across ur semi home made entry..i will defenitely take part in this

Rahin said...

Thanks Saju and welcome to my blog. Looking forward for your creative creation

Rachana said...

My first time here, will try n send one intersting recipe:)
Cheers and do visit,
Rachana
rachanakothari.blogspot.com

Rahin said...

Hey thanks Rachana, wlcome to Lazzat, love your blog too

Jagruti said...

Hi Rahin

first time here...nice blog and event as well...

visit if you can

http://joyofcooking247.blogspot.com

cheers

Rahin said...

Hi Jagruti, thanks for dropping by and welcome to Lazzat.

Nithu Bala said...

Hi Rahin, am new to your blog..love to participate in the event..will send you entries soon..you have a wonderful space..

Rahin said...

Thanks Nithu and welcome to Lazzat...looking forward for ur contribution to this event

FH said...

Rahin, I have a semi homemade dessert for you, I will send it to you.

Sara's Events n Roundups said...

Nice event. will try to send something.

Do checkout my Events n Roundup blog and leave a comment if you wish to update the event.

Rahin said...

HI Sara, I look forward to your entry

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Hey,
I know i am one day late for this event...sorry that i missed the deadline.Still i am sending a few entries..if you rject it, then will surely understand

akash kadam said...

nice recipe, I like it...