12/11/09

Tangdi Kabab


This is one of my favourites when it comes to Chicken. For this particular recipe I always deep fry the chicken but you can choose to bake it or grill it. If you don't have Greek yogurt handy you can use plain yogurt, just make sure to drain all the excess water overnight, so its really thick n creamy. One thing I like about this recipe is , it makes a great finger food and is ideal for entertaining, coz once you marinate the chicken, all you have to do is fry it.


Ingredients:
(all measurements are approximate, please feel free to suit your taste)

6 chicken drumsticks,
1 (5.3 oz) container plain Greek yogurt, (I used Oikos)

1 tbsp.ginger paste,
1 tbsp. garlic paste,
1 tsp. chili pdr, or as per your taste,

1/4 tsp. garam masala powder,
2 tbsp. tandoori chicken masala,
salt, to taste,
few drops red food coloring,

2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice,
2-3 tbsp. cornstarch/ white corn flour.
chaat masala , for garnishing (optional)

Method:


Make a few deep slits in the chicken drumsticks and keep aside.


Its very important that the marinate is thick and not runny, so even if I use Greek yogurt I drain it for some time in a colander with paper towel. Now to the thick yogurt add ginger , garlic pastes, all the spices and lemon juice and mix well. Now add the chicken drumsticks n toss them so as to coat them with the marinate. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4-6 hrs. or overnight for best results.

Bring it to room temperature, sprinkle cornstarch, mix well before you deep fry or bake or grill them until nice and crispy. Serve with a lemon wedge. You could also garnish it with some chaat masala.



Enjoy !

11 comments:

Namitha said...

Great drumstcks...looks very tempting

Priya Suresh said...

Tempting and delicious kabab...

Cham said...

I am ready to grab ur drumstick! Delicious one :)

Gita Jaishankar said...

Delicious and tempting picture!

Rahin said...

Thanks Gulmohar, Priya, Cham n Gita

syeda said...

Looks great!One of my friend makes the tangdi kababs in the broiler ,and in the lower rack she keeps a steel bowl of burning charcoal,so that it has a bit of BBQ flavour,you see, it was amazing, I gotta try that soon

Pravs said...

looks delicious.

Malar Gandhi said...

I love chicken in all forms, infact I am maniac:) This tangdi kebab is so appetizing. Planning to grab from the monitor, he he:)

Rahin said...

Thanks Syeda for the cool tip, thats a neat way to cook these kababs and a smoky flavor is always a plus :)

Thanks Pravs and Malar

Purnima said...

I read the recipe, b4 posting a feedback,longed to try this yummy tasteful recipe...and guess what, TK is a big hit in home, my 4 n 5 yr olds were full of praises n a critic in hubby too had some praise for it! :D THANKS indeed for sharing such a delighful recipe. ( I cd use the paste proportion on 12 tangdis ;D)

Rahin said...

Thanks for your feedback Purnima, I am glad you and your family enjoyed it, its my moms recipe :)