8/7/07

Quick Kulcha


This is one of the recipes I learned from my sis. It does not need baking in oven or tandoor, no resting time,etc... I also call it "tava (griddle) top" kulcha :).

Remember its not the traditional
kulcha...its quick kulcha :)


Ingredients:

2 cups maida / all-purpose flour,
1 cup dill, finely chopped,
1 small onion, grated,
2 green chillies, minced, (optional)
3 tbsp. curd / yogurt,
ghee / oil, for frying,
salt to taste.

Method:

Mix all the ingredients, and knead into a soft dough using water. The onion and the curd, both have water content, so be careful with it, don't add too much water. Divide the dough into lime size balls. Roll these balls into flour.

Now roll out each ball into 3" circle, apply ghee / oil , fold it into half to get a semi-circle and then fold it one more time to get a triangle. Again dip into flour and roll out into a circle.

Cook on a hot griddle (medium heat) till brown specks appear on both sides. Apply ghee and serve hot.


I served it with a mix vegetable curry. It also goes well with minced meat (Kheema).

4 comments:

FH said...

Oh Rahin!! How can I thank you.I made Badam Murgh(in my post today) and what a great easy Kulcha to make with it!I even have Dill in the fridge.Hugs and kisses to you.Thank you.

Anonymous said...

hey asha , lemme know if u like them ?

Chef Jeena said...

Hi there I like your blog. This recipe is great! Lovely pics too :) Feel:) Click Here For Food Recipes free to visit my blog also

Rahin said...

hi jeena, thank u , i did visit ur blog n have blogrolled u too :) i love ur blog its beautiful